Sunday, November 15, 2009

SAY HELLO TO MISTY

First of all let me say that Misty was a very lucky kitty to be born on a family farm with people who loved him from the very start.

Just a moment, I am getting a “meow” - perhaps I can translate it.
This is Misty: “My caregivers on the farm were wonderful, but my mother disappeared one night - perhaps she went hunting because she knows how important raw meat is for us to grow big and strong. A coyote may have grabbed her. The other mother cat on the farm kept me warm on cold nights along with her kittens. I was delivered to my new home in the arms of Misses Eli, Dan, Mar and Ser, while their parents drove the car. They had all taken such good care of me. I felt bad after they left and kept my nose at the crack under the door for a few minutes until I remembered they had said they would visit me in a month or so if the roads are open and then I felt happy in my new home.

I played with my new toys all morning and had a great time until after lunch and then fell asleep in the crook of Mum-mum’s left arm while she was using her writing stick with her right hand. While falling asleep she told me a friend, Ms S had brought my new toys yesterday with lots of other things that included a sparkling litter box with a dome lid with 50 pounds of litter. Ms S wouldn’t take any money from Gi-Gi for it all. She turned to her daughter (who had carried in the 50 pounds of litter) and said, “Tam, you were very small but you might remember how we picked all those delicious plums at Gi-Gi’s place about 25 years ago. And please dear, dash out to the car and carry in those dozen packages of apricots we prepared for her when they were in season. Gi-Gi had been inquiring about food for me where Ms S works at Nature’s Fare. Waving away Gi-Gi’s thanks they rushed home to get dinner for their husbands and families.” “Cast thy bread upon the waters and it shall return after many days.” Thanks Misty,I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: