Monday, February 22, 2010

HIS STORY - FINDING A JOB

Certificates from College earned brought me no job and so I learned
To scan the classified each day and found some jobs with tiny pay.
My sweetheart waited in the wings, she was my Queen and I her King.
We waited still another year, heard wedding bells, and felt no fear.

At Budget Rentals cleaning cars, I’d work anywhere but bars.
With every job new skills I learned. Ski hills in fall small wages earned.
As cashier my queen did her part, my lovely wife with kindly heart.
I found a job at Booster Juice, by the hour – two drinks to boot.

Theatre popcorn - sugar drinks, wondering what the dentists think,
Price of water was the same, altogether quite a game,
We passed around a smile to all, like at a Cinderella ball.
Kindness has its own return, though dollars sometimes hard to earn.

Evening hours I studied more, then at a bank – found open doors.
Night office cleaning helped pay rent, planned a family, were content.
For mortgage, we have qualified, strict budgeting we would abide.
Three years - then our first baby came, we had already picked her name.

A budget and no smokes or drinks helped me find a brand new link.
A great new job has come my way, great boss with others - happy days,
My wife and children welcome me, try any job – this is the key.
Great family and work I love, with prayers and thanks to God above.

Thanks Grandma for interviewing me.

No comments: