Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WHY CASTOR OIL PACKS?

“What is so special about castor oil?” Allan Bazzoli a fourth year medical student asked Dr. Knell during his six-week elective rotation in orthopedic surgery with Dr. Knell in Canton, Ohio. His simple reply was, “This oil has good healing qualities.”

“I thought about the ‘holistic’ approach to healing that Dr. Knell embraced. From castor oil packs to acupuncture to trigger point injections and was fascinated with this new brand of medicine. I began to study the philosophy of Edgar Cayce’s ideas and spent all my spare time researching it. A familiar Cayce saying was ‘Spirit is the life, mind is the builder and the physical is the result.’

Now I use this quote almost daily to emphasize to my patients the concept of personal responsibility for all of one’s life choices. I believe this will be the leading edge of healing in the 21st century. No personal guilt or personal blame but responsibility for all one’s life choices, the good ones and the painful ones, factors into all that we are. Forgiveness, love, and grace gently provide the cornerstones of the healing process.

I finally had a chance to talk to Dr. Knell at length about castor oil packs. I wonder why I had waited 25 plus years to have this discussion. He lived only a block from my parents’ home. He said he had to be very careful back then about his holistic approach to patients. Acupuncture and trigger-point injections and castor oil packs were considered fringe medicine. He believed so strongly in their positive effects and how the hospital had to order castor oil by the gallons to keep up with his patient use. Time has proven this was the right road to travel. Thank you Dr. Knell.” For how to make a castor oil pack scroll down to other Blogs dated 8-12-09,
and 8-17-09. Phone 1-866-322-8209 or1-800-333-4499.

No comments: