Sunday, September 13, 2009

EDITORS REQUEST LETTERS

With paper print losing coverage to the Internet, editors of magazines as well as dailies are requesting input from their readers with “We want your letters!” requests. Here is a letter to the editor of “Venture Inward” of Virginia Beach, Va.

“I had been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and started on medication. Shortly thereafter it was changed to bipolar disorder and was told that both were so severe there was little hope. I took the medicine that was prescribed with even more side effects and my mental health took a turn for the worse. The doctors tried different medications and doses until I was taking Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, Trazoclone and whatever else they gave me to improve my symptoms. Shortly thereafter I found myself strapped to a bed in leather restraints and prayed to God to show me the way out. I started writing in a journal thanks to a good psychologist and felt God giving me the answers I had so desired. The universe gave me the name of Edgar Cayce and I looked him up on the internet and felt a safe haven for someone like me (I was raised in a Catholic home) to experience another part of my psyche. After all, the Edgar Cayce material was Bible based, safe, and most important, comfortable to my being.

I have continued to learn ways to learn to accept and use my intuition to help myself as well as others and to use my energy in positive ways to provide healing for all of humanity. I’m now drug-free, happy to be alive and thankful for the Edgar Cayce material and all the help from the A.R.E. and thank you all. Edgar Cayce once said, ‘In God there are no limitations, only limits of self by doubt and fear.’ Taped to my computer, it is a reminder every day that with God all things are possible.” This letter was sent to the Editor from Alicia of Windsor, Vermont.

No comments: