Thursday, September 10, 2009

TEXTING AND OTHER WAYS OF SENDING MESSAGES

With so many ways of sending messages as well as choices of words to cheer others, no matter what age you are. If you don’t have texting equipment (like me) we can always put pen to paper and send our thoughts to the editor of a paper or magazine. They love to get feedback. Lacking words, borrow an ancient message like this one that has come through the centuries: “Text about others as you would have them text about you.” If you don’t have e-mail help is available from the flyway since the birds will spare you a feather when you’re on a walk (shown at upper right). We can always use voice mail if you haven’t yet learned to write. Here are some cheering words from a summer camper to the editor of Venture Inward in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

From Lylah, age 10: “I like Camp because everyone is welcome and it’s very spiritual. People don’t laugh at you when you mess up. Everyone is real nice, it’s only my second day at Kids’ Camp and I feel like I’ve been here all my life. No one is mean and there are deer, bugs – no fancy swimming pools with chlorine but a really nice pond.”

And from Sara-Renee, age 13: “I’ve been coming to A.R.E. Camp for four years and first thing you notice is how beautiful the valley is, ancient trees and soaring mountains that make you want to fly right up to the top, and amazing flowers. Cooks make the most delicious healthy food known to mankind! Wildlife too act comfortable coming around us and a couple of deer visit often. We can do whatever we like as long as it isn’t dangerous. If you’re a singer, join the club. I have a wonderful time at Camp and when it’s time to leave I cry. Everybody does although they might not admit it. I hope to be a counselor there some day.”

No comments: