Friday, September 4, 2009

GRANDKID'S GAZETTE, SEPTEMBER, 2009

Hello from Miss Six who celebrated her sixth birthday on August 13th with a choice of where to have a birthday dinner. I am helping to do the Gazette today with Gi-Gi’s help. That’s me, and on the next Saturday of fun I get to choose a favourite movie. On the way Daddy and I, with my sister Miss Four, stopped at Gi-Gi’s place to plug in a new speaker for her. This time we brought along Daddy’s tool box in case he needed a certain kind of screw driver.

We noticed that Gi-Gi has a sunflower plant on her deck that is almost six feet tall and will soon be making a big golden flower. We found some toys in her big rocker’s arm rests and one side held books. I had been designing a crib using beads and Gi-Gi was so impressed when I explained how all the outside rings represented the crib and in the middle of it was the baby with Mommie holding her. Then I spotted Miss Four in the big chair with a book and since I love books also, I found another one and we sat together pretending to read them. That really impressed Gi-Gi and she told Daddy to turn around and see his clever children reading together. He turned and said, “Oh, they both love books - I see one book has yellowing fragile pages. Here is another book the same size.” Gi-Gi was so impressed that he noticed the ancient book that contained much wisdom about plants.

Time passed so fast and Daddy got ready to carry something out to the car first so he would have free hands for us children. We were busy sharing an apple and banana when four eyes scanned the room as a half eaten apple hit the table with a thud. “Where did my Daddy go?” Miss Four demanded. Gi-Gi explained it all and soon the door cracked open and eager arms reached out. Gi-Gi handed me a birthday gift of loonies and toonies that rattled in a box. Then with hugs and thanks, away we went. Love, Miss Six

No comments: