Sunday, September 6, 2009

WELLNESS AND REJUVENATION GROUP

Every year, usually in the spring, a Wellness and Rejuvenation group is invited to meet together for something that could be called a tune up of the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Attending one of these groups in Virginia Beach, Charlann Walker writes, “Now I know my body has the wisdom to do what is beneficial for me. Everyone there gained a general ‘feel-good’ experience by completing the gentle and accessible energizing exercises first thing in the morning. One attendee was a chiropractor who said a definite difference was noted when doing these exercises on a regular basis. There is one thing that I would like to remember to include in my days for the rest of my life and that is meditation.

I will list the days of the week on a spreadsheet and have the list in front of me and check off what I plan to do on a particular day instead of getting overwhelmed and confused. This reminder will be like looking into a treasure chest. All I have to do is sneak a peek each morning and my days will open up like sparkling jewels.”

After reading about her experience in the magazine, “Venture Inward” it sounds like something I should attend. I have read about many CEOs who have begun to meditate and found greater success in business. With our present economic challenges in this time of world depression we can use all the help we can get. Meditation is said by some to be more like expressing thanks for our blessings and prayer is sprinkling in our requests and dreams for the future along the way. In her book “Your heart’s Desire," Sonia Choqette expressed it this way, “Go into your heart, the seat of your soul, where you can feel that all is well, and wait patiently for Providence.”

No comments: