Wednesday, August 13, 2008

GRANDPARENTS SOMETIMES HELP

Sometimes grandparents can help with new or old ideas.
Here's an example when a recent problem came into focus.
Let's see if the family poet can put it shorter in rhyme and reason.

New landed souls are sensitive, To understand new needs,
Daily feeling parent's love, Pre-School can bring new deeds.
Even at their Sunday School, Change can puzzle them.
We'll all meet at a restaurant, Need time for stratagems.

One child says, "I'm staying here, I won't leave my car seat."
Okay, then stay, (her folks will come,) Her sadness is complete.
One grandpa comes along and says, "Why are you so sad?"
"Just look, my whale is cut in half, My picture is so bad."

"Just look at Dede's picture here, Her whale's all there, all whole,
She says mine shows its just half there, Did it hurt his inside soul?"
But look, Gramps says, he's telling you, "Your page spells out my name.
Just like the books Mom reads to you, Names in print give fame."

"Oh - thank you Grandpa, I see now, My page ran out of space,
Words are here to tell us more," Gramps had picked an ACE.
Satisfied - when parents came, No more need be told.
Tender talking filled the need, Better far than gold.

"Thanks Grandpa for helping me, Now that I understand,
Here's a great big hug for you, It's good to feel so grand."
Now why can't nations try that style, to solve their problems too.
Instead of rushing off to war, With weapons as their tool.

No comments: