Tuesday, September 2, 2008

VISITORS IN THE FALL

Nights are getting chilly folks, It must be fall again,
Time to find a winter's home, And share it with my kin,
I feel that luck is with me here, There's light at trail's end.
My wife will love it here with me, We'll build a home again.

And through the cold dark winter nights, We'll raise a family,
I've scouted everything right here, Enough for the dog and me.
That selfish little critter snarled, Though has not eaten all,
He will not share leftover food, I'm shocked and quite appalled.

I barely made a fast escape, We both raced 'round the room,
Chairs and things flew everywhere, I felt that I was doomed.
A pretty face peered from a door, I hope she'll save my day,
And chase that selfish dog right out, Invite me here to stay.

Instead came screams and shouting that, Caused even more commotion,
This Penthouse livin's not for me, Guess it's a crazy notion.
Later maybe try again, They might get used to me,
I'll tiptoe to that doggie dish, Caution is the key.

I hear from talk on telephone, The master's on his way,
When they're out doggie walking, I'll sneak back in and stay.
Hey! they've left peanut butter, Pressed tightly on a plate,
And cheese - But it just snapped at me, I'm fooled, it sealed my fate.

I think they tossed me out the door,
Did I survive, Tune in again, There may be more.

No comments: