Sunday, September 7, 2008

LIFE MOVES ON

This is from an Unknown Author

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch her until at length she is only a speck of white cloud, just where the sea and sky meet and mingle with each other. Someone at my side exclaims, 'There, she is gone!'

"Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all, She is just as large in hull and mast and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in my mind, not in her.

"And just at that moment when someone at my side says, 'She is gone,' there are other eyes watching for her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, 'There, she comes!'

"And that is dying." (Author unknown)

My Addendum

If family should ask me, "What is your wish, the day that you leave for heavenly bliss?" I'd say, "Have a party, with family, and fun, Remembering blessings, and victories won. Your kindnesses shown, the pleasures you gave, I'll remember them all, In my new enclave. And as I am able from this other plane, I'll forward you blessings including your name. If your name isn't clear, I'll screen up your face, Your sweet loving smile, kind deeds and good grace. Clay body is left, etherial ones here, With soul still intact, we need never fear. Memories remain, pop up at recall, In living color, and screens up them all.
But don't rush the Earthshine, There's work to do here, healthy food with good habits, Serving God without fear."

No comments: