Monday, September 29, 2008

PRINTS IN THE SAND

(A parody of Footprints in the Sand)
Author unknown

One night, I had a wondrous dream:
A set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But where were mind beside of yours?

And then some stranger prints appeared,
I asked the Lord, What have we here?
These prints are large and round and neat,
But Lord, they are too big for feet.

"My child," he said, in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone,
I challenged you to walk by faith,
But you refused and made me wait.

You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith you would not know,
So I got tired and so fed up,
And there I dropped you on your butt.

Because in life, there comes a time,
When one must work, and one must climb,
When one must rise and take a stand,
Or just leave butt prints in the sand."
Contributed

No comments: