Thursday, September 11, 2008

THE PEARLY GATES

Ahead I see the Pearly Gates, With others I'm in line,
Lights brighten as I pass along, Perhaps this is my time,
An angel in a glowing robe, Smiles and beckons me,
Soft music blends from everywhere, Is this the Holy See?

The angel offers me a book, I find therein a card,
It tells the story of each soul, And now we pass the guard.
"At times its called the Book of Life, And here you serve God too.
Familiar faces wait within, They're here to welcome you."

We open up the Book of Life, I ask, "Am I okay?"
"You listened to the Scriptures, child, And followed in my way.
Of course there's always more to learn, The main thing is you tried.
To grow in grace and live God's way, For only flesh has died.

Your soul, my child, still carries on, Through all eternity.
Now come with me and meet old friends,
There is no entrance fee.
I see my Mother, Dad and Bob, As others wave to me,
We'll share and talk about our trip, How love's truth holds the key.

No comments: