Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WIND AND THE SUN

Two cousins met one pleasant day,
Surnames: Beam and Storm,
Hi there Beam, Storm shouted loud,
"Want to see me perform? I can kick up
quite a breeze, Impress folks like you do.
With power and mighty thunderclaps,
I have more power than you.
See that man with buttoned coat, I could rip it
off him now,
To prove I have more power than you
Want me to show you how?"
And so Storm pressed his point until
Beam said, "Okay, just set a time,
You've often challenged me to prove
The strength of power or shine."
The overcoat had buttons free,
And Storm revved up a blast,
Peppered all with thunderclaps,
Until the timeline passed.
The man just buttoned up his coat
Clung tightly to a pole,
Until Storm's power ran out of steam,
And could not reach his goal.
Then Beam stepped forward, bidding sun,
"Please roll his clouds away,"
And all those cozy sunny rays,
Sent warmth and love that day.
The man ripped off his coat right then,
And clapped his hands with glee,
So wonderful it is to have, The warmth of
Sunshine free. And so the cousins both agreed,
Those warm and sunny ways,
Held greater strength than stormy blasts
To bring Earth peaceful days.
Then Sunny Beam and Blasty Storm
Became the best of friends.
And all the world took notice how
All NATION'S made amends.
Suzie-Q

No comments: