Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MOTHER SHIP

Alone in my small boat of life, Sailing on life's sea,
A wise and silent Mother Ship, Past reefs is guiding me.
Companion vessels crest each wave, Through darkened hours of night,
The Mother Ship directs our turns, We're guided with her light.

When daybreak puts the night to rest, Some boats head for the shore,
Where we are offered power and wealth, And promised ease and more.
Our Mother Ship invites us all, To keep our chosen way,
With reverence for all other lives, That sail life's sea each day.

The Mother Ship still urges us, To stay our chosen course,
Invites us to continue on, But gently without force.
I follow with some boats to port, The Mother Ship grows dim,
I hear quarrels at the port, I turn and leave their din.

Their fights concern - who has the power, And wealth to live false ways,
My tiller chooses Mother Ship, I wish for peaceful days.
I turn toward our guiding light, Relieved to be on course,
Rejecting quarreling groups at port, With rules to live by force.

No need to live their wasted lives, Shortcuts to wealth with greed,
This peace, far from confusion's shore, And joys to meet each need.
My compass finds the Mother Ship, Each choice confirms the way,
Cooperation's powerful choice, Guides throughout each day.

To take us safe through perils in life, To reach our promised goals.
Our contract to accept God's way, Held within our souls.
Suzie-Q

No comments: