Friday, August 14, 2009

WELCOMING DAD'S VISIT

“It is always good to have a visit from my father (a widower) from Florida during Memorial Day week. A retired-teacher, he enjoys visiting our rural Farmington, Wisconsin home and attends a teacher’s “tea” held during Memorial Day week. After arriving he could hardly get out of his car, let alone walk unassisted. On a borrowed cane from our neighbour, Dad managed to move around the lower level of our house after I converted it to a spare room. Dad requested ice for his swollen right ankle and after almost one week of ice application there was no apparent relief. I suggested we try a castor oil bandage since I had received so much help for my back using a castor oil pack during my working years.

He agreed and after the first week the swelling began to go down, and the cane was returned to the neighbour. Dad was now able to walk without it. After the third week, Dad was complaining that his right loafer was too loose, the swelling had badly stretched it out of shape. I wondered how long he had suffered with this condition. Dad never had the lump on his right instep diagnosed and after another week the lump was almost gone and soon was as normal as the other. He phoned the following spring saying doctors had found the cause of his sciatic back condition. An ultrasound showed a stomach aneurysm and he was set for surgery in September. I reminded him of the castor oil pack but the father-child relationship kicked in. “No, the doctors will take care of it.” My wife and I arrived the day after his surgery. He was in the intensive care unit for 9 days. Less than a month later a call came from the doctor - Dad had had a massive heart attack and passed over.” Thanks to this wonderful son, David E. Kukor, who helped his aging father when in need. He suggests for more uses for castor oil to consult Dr. William McGarey’s book, “The Oil That Heals.” For further information call l-800-333-4499.

No comments: