Monday, August 17, 2009

MORE USES OF CASTOR OIL

My wife and I had the opportunity to use castor oil during a trip to the southern coastal resort area of Portugal. A special event for us was a stay at the York House Hotel, a 16th century monastery converted to a hotel in the l9th century.

Upon checking out, I decided to assist the lone doorman/bellhop by carrying our luggage. After a successful drop-off of the first luggage, I brought the remainder of the luggage down the old dark wooden staircase. I misjudged the very last step, falling and landing on the luggage, severely spraining my left ankle. It immediately reddened and swelled, ugly red lines ran upward to the calf. We continued to the next hotel as the swelling and pain increased.

The next stop was an aquarium where a wheelchair was secured and my wife Trish pushed me around in it. She had brought a castor oil pack along and purchased an elastic bandage to secure it to my ankle. It slowly took the swelling down, and within a week the ankle looked almost normal. I continued applying the pack for 3 more weeks after returning to the States. There was still a slight pain in the ankle area, but after these nightly ankle wraps, there were no more problems with the ankle or the surrounding areas affected by the fall. Story submitted by Dave Kukor.

When making a Castor Oil Pack it is sometimes hard to find wool flannel at fabric stores. More details can be obtained by calling l-800-333-4499, or 1-866-322-8209.

No comments: