Sunday, August 23, 2009

GRANDKIDS GAZETTE, AUGUST 2009

It’s my turn to write an article for the Gazette. Today my name is Miss Two, which means I will be 2 years old on October 23, and can get my great-grandmother to help me. We call her Gi-Gi for short. My family expects me to learn all their strange English words but I am happy without them because I have this handy pointer finger which helps them understand what I want. Why clutter up my mind with a bunch of incomprehensible words when life is so good this way.

I hear our door close as our Daddy and my two older sisters, Miss Four and Miss Six are leaving to call on Gi-Gi and then do some shopping on the way home. Now I have Mommie all to myself and we have such fun together, a nice warm bath and then she dresses me so pretty with my day clothes. When I get tired she gives me a loving hug before my nap. Daddy is going to put some new programs on Gi-Gi’s computer, but that is boring for me. Sisters Four and Six put all the stuffed animals down for a nap and when Daddy needs a tool they know just where to go to haul out the tool box and they think that is lots of fun.

At home when I get hungry Mommie has nice warm porridge, apple sauce or peaches for me. But at Gi-Gi’s house, there is just whole fruit sitting on the table, sometimes apples and bananas that I cannot chew. She digs out all the “fingernails” from apple cores. Apples put them there so bugs don’t try to lay eggs inside. I like Gi-Gi’s warm smile and pleasant hugs but she never takes the trouble to have my favourite toys handy like when I am at home - something about the logistics of that not being practical. I like sitting on her lap as long as I can see Mommie is still in the same room. I always want her and Daddy close to me, all my life long and never want to leave home. Bye now, Love, Miss Two.

No comments: