Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DREAM HEALER

A CBC news bulletin on Tuesday reported the libraries are very busy right now, possibly, it might be the depression with so many job losses was providing extra time for reading and updating job skills. Libraries are happy to locate any books not presently available in our here but will bring them in if they are somewhere in our B.C. Library System. At our family dinner on Easter weekend I mentioned a book called "DREAM HEALER, A True Story of Miracle Healings,." My son wondered if it was just another way to sell books. The author is kown only as ADAM, and his books are international best sellers.

I called our library the next day and asked if this book was available. The library said they can bring it in. Another book called "Dream Images and Symbols (A Dictionary), by Kevin J. Todeschi is also available.

Two wonderful people I know very well have been diagnosed with cancer and are now in the process of following the regular medical protocol that includes a series of chemo therapy.

Last summer my son offered to pick me up on a Sunday to attend our grandson's church. During his inspirational sermon I jotted down the words of Pastor Larry, "We need to pay more attention to our dreams." My husband of 54 years often dreamed something that would happen the very next day. For example one morning I told him I was riding to the store on my "pre-owned" bike. He replied, "Check those brakes, I dreamed last night they had failed." I arrived home safely and mentioned I had met a friend who asked if he would come over and take a look at an ancient clock that couldn't be fixed by anyone there. He loved to bring old clocks back to life as a hobby and rode my bike over and fixed the clock. On his way home he came to a stop sign and started braking. The brakes failed. He had forgotten about his dream but managed to stop in time by dragging his feet. As a child I first heard of dreams coming true in Mrs. Weeks Sunday school class. Since the nearest church was 65 miles away we went to church and Sunday School at our local one room country school. The United Church sent a student to our district for their practicum during the summer months. I think its time to review the story of the Biblical story of Joseph who dreamed of the seven year famine in Egypt. When crops began fail the pharoah appointed Joseph as his foreign grain buyer and saved the country from a famine.

No comments: