Friday, December 5, 2008

THE LIBRARY BOOK

I hope to be helpful - I'm a Library Book,
Teaching Science and Health,
Even learning to cook.
Delighted I was and happy to see,
That from those on his desk,
My mentor picked me.
For library status, which surely would mean,
That for thousands of readers I'd always be seen.
And for someone for whom the shekels aren't handy,
Can borrow and study - now isn't that dandy.

But someone who borrowed forgot where I was,
I was left in a corner with the dust and the fuzz.
I felt like one blind, unable to move.
Know what it's like to be stuck in a groove?
I'm buried alive, even tears could not come.
With no hands to help - like one deaf, blind and dumb.
Then someone bestirred after having a dream,
Of people and books that made a great team.

"Of writing them, reading them - Others helping to find,
As Libraries keep helping, Improving our minds.
So I searched and was found, and the lost one returned.
I'm taking it back - So others can learn.
And believe it or not - while looking around,
An heirloom, a ring, for my family I found".

December 5, 2008. This morning we awoke to a blanket
of white in Vernon, BC, extending to our northern areas. It
looked warm and cozy, but also contained a warning of winter
around the corner. I strolled down to Shubert Center to
attend the farewell Celebration of Life for Ruth Wolfe,
winner of Volunteer of the Year given her in Ottawa.

She left us a legacy of much wisdom. In future Blogs you
will learn more about her pioneer days and her volunteer work.
The Library was one of her favorite interests.

No comments: