Thursday, December 25, 2008

THE HELPER

Charming with her lovely smile, Letters ask to add a word,
Fragrant flowers share their scent, Dews sparkle to emerge.
I asked the dictionary, For words that speak of hearts,
"I'm here to help you anytime, I'd love to do my part."

Heart feelings, where its meaning found? Appreciation for
This kindly one with helpful deeds, Not understood before.
Hearts told about their arteries, and veins important part,
That helps all body systems work, Employed to feed each part.

But that's not what I really meant, It's words that inspire "change."
Its inner feelings - something else, "Your job is rearrange."
So I searched for words throughout the world, Looking for a tool,
Explaining who and what made change, Was it that Golden Rule?

"Where does it dwell, Within the heart, Its hidden desire found?"
What tool could open up its door, Where hidden hopes abound.
I opened up my Bible, Folks gave me long ago.
"To dwell in Unity," it said, "Works for both friend and foe."

"How sweet and pleasant it can be", Psalms sang forth with a smile,
It's called "The oil of gladness, It's been here all this while."
Two thousand years ago it told, That actions could bring change,
To live this joy and gladness, When acts are rearranged.

This wondrous thing required "Change" - Words with actions too.
Joy and gladness be for all, Change is the needed tool.
"Unity" that pleasant word, With it to bring this change,
It works so well, each does a part, It means, just rearrange.
Now I can better understand, How I might be like you.
With tiny steps to move ahead, This change brings life anew.

No comments: