Tuesday, January 24, 2012

THE MYSTERY


Does each question beg an answer, a mystery to hold. 
   Sacred in the inner self, through silence will unfold.
Am I me, yet one with Thee, how can this thing be?
   A presence near – that seems right here,
It’s trusting with no fear.
Together on the path of life, awareness – one in heart,
    An inner essence, guide and friend,
 To practice spiritual art. 

A path to choose, a life to use, together as a team,
  Joyous in the sacred self, And on God’s wisdom lean.
Still myself, as spirit grows, Within God’s holy sphere,
 An all embracing comfort place, His presence very dear.

At times, this presence seems to leave,
   Has it flown to other climes?
 Let me once more feel you near,
   And at Thy table dine.
You say, “I never went away, I live within your soul,
  Your purity of love I seek, A cleansing sacred goal.”

Once more embracing soul’s ideal, eternal spirit lives.
  A corpuscle in the heart of God, that only He can give.
Conjoined once more in sacred trust, In everything I do
   In fellowship to live and learn, As daily life renews.

Thank you for your patience, that cleansing-out soul needs,
  Resisting every thought, or grudge, or other careless deed.
Thy spirit dwells in everywhere, nearby, here on call.
  Responding to each sincere prayer, to answer one and all.

No comments: