Sunday, May 30, 2010

A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM

In a recent Blog I told you about Dr. Melvin Morse, a neuroscientist, critical care physician and pediatrician in Seattle who shared children’s drawings and stories on what it is like to die. This doctor was able to resuscitate them and has written about it and told how children spoke of a white-robed spiritual figure in what they called Heaven who had lovingly told them it was not their time to stay in Heaven yet and their parents were praying for them to return. Local libraries may have his book available or will bring it in from another branch or a bookstore can order it for you.

My husband passed away in 2003 after a struggle with Parkinson’s disease. A week later I have a dream one night and find myself driving on a freeway that showed an arrow that seemed to indicate it was my turnoff. I see a large empty parking lot but no other parked cars. A door to the only building on the lot is unlocked. I walk down a long corridor and see my husband, alive and well, coming toward me. I rush toward him but he raises his hand, smiles pleasantly and says, “It is time for us to move on.” He pauses at the next intersection to make a right turn, smiles again and repeats, “It is time for both of us to move on.” I wake up with a moment of sadness that changes to a realization that he seemed to be excited about what lay ahead for him. With his scientific mind he was always full of ideas and made sketches about future inventions. Perhaps his work in this other plane is keeping him busy and happy.

Three days after his passing I had been busy with arrangements for a Celebration of Life for him. A sudden flash of him appeared “in mid air” it seemed. He raised his arms above his head. As his fingertips touched he said in excited tones, “Look I can raise my arms now and clasp my hands together.” Then he disappeared. Parkinson’s disease causes joints to stiffen and even feet seem to “freeze” to the floor temporarily.

These two dreams made it much easier for me to face the future alone without him. There have been such experiences happen for many who are reluctant to speak about them in case they are thought to be losing their minds. But leave it to children to lead us and “tell it like it is” in other planes that await us after the passing of the body.

No comments: