Thursday, November 27, 2008

CAT PLAY

I am a cat - my part to play, to help us balance life,
It takes all kinds while here to show, The challenges of strife.
Ebony - my name you gave, I really chose it too.
Obama is my second name, It means, "Within, I do love you."

Back to the script - the scene unfolds, Lessons may be learned,
To be more selfish - just like me, Those other parts to earn.
An inner sense tells me that, Dogs don't really like me,
But I ignore their prejudice, And foolish tries to fight me.

I zip up trees and handy poles, And laugh at all their barking,
Find dining chairs for comfort, Or TV sets for parking.
And if my tail should hang below, And hide your screening view,
Do not disturb my slumber hour, I could run away from you.

Your residence is mine you know, But don't move anywhere,
Just feed me what and when I want, And brush me with great care.
I make no promises to you, If neighbours feed me better,
I'm out of here within a flash, I'm really no one's debtor.

So brush me, pet me, feed me well, I warn you, please take heed,
If its loyalty you're looking for, A dog is what you need.
So if you see yourself displayed, Within this little verse.
Choose the part you wish to play, Your lessons while on Earth.

No comments: