Wednesday, June 26, 2013

THE EVENING BEFORE VOTING


   The day before voting in British Columbia's recent election I had a phone call from my sister Esther and her husband Lloyd Howard,  in Kamloops, telling me that my other sister, Helen (who lives in a care home in Kamloops) had fallen when an aid was helping her during a bath (Helen weighs just under 110 pounds) and they had phoned for an ambulance that took her to the Kamloops hospital.  With uncertain results and crowded hospital space she was returned to the care home.  I was trying to telephone Helen to see what I could do for her but another voice that sounded like Christi Clark was on my telephone line making puzzling, negative and disparaging suggestions about the leader of the NDP, her opposing party.  I went downstairs and got the night watchman to help me get my own telephone line back.  I do not know who was speaking on my private telephone line.  Just across the street is a police station.  I went there the following morning and told them about it since someone had taken over my telephone line and how this could happen.  The election held the next day took a surprise turn when this development had strongly suggested otherwise from the media reports.

No comments: