Thursday, March 1, 2012

THE RETIRED HOCKEY PLAYER




When I was young, I was just keeping score,
 Then played some great games, but now, they want me no more.
My head - hit by a puck – healing brains take so long,
 Now others play on while I’m at home, mainly playing ping pong,

Feeling lonely and old – will I get short of cash?
 There’s no more for me, am I leaving just a pile of trash.
 A swift river runs by and I know I must cross,
 Go forth if you’ve practiced God’s way through the cross,

I look for a bridge – watching swift waters flow,
Then a gold book appears, I leap forth and go,  
Mom and Dad wave a welcome, bright lights flash on brothers,
They’re on the far shore, with church friends and others.

The golden book opens and I see my name,
 A bridge swings high over the waters. It’s my last Earthly game,
God’s precepts for Earth, you accepted – made them yours,
 Family waits to welcome you through Heaven’s entrance door.
     
  


   

No comments: