Sunday, August 15, 2010

UPDATES ON PNEUMONIA

The first feeling of weakness that pneumonia causes arrived for me late in June. I see I have posted only three blogs since then. I guess the walk-in doctor was right when he said I could be in for a six week recovery period. Today I felt the strength seeping back in my system and am trying not to crowd any unnecessary tasks into the day.

One person e-mailed me to let me know that he had pushed himself a little too soon and that gave him a setback. The first day I noticed my problem was on June 24th which had been the first real hot day of this summer. On the way to a good-bye farewell service I rode in three different cars and had forgotten how allergic I was to air conditioning, especially if the unit had not been cleared after a half year of it not being in use. It happened once before when my husband did the same thing to himself. Our guest riders in the back seat had requested more cool air. My husband directed cool air past himself to our guests so it would bypass me because he remembered how allergic I was to it. That air conditioning unit had not been cleared yet for the summer season and he also became ill and could not attend the family reunion the following day. This is just a little warning for those who may have already weakened their lungs from chemicals required in their place of employment. Even this very day the people who live in the Soviet Union near Moscow, have suffered from the smoke from their forest fires and many lives have been lost.

In studying more about the most nourishing foods for any recovery I was delighted to hear a noon program from CBC radio about the importance of eating more fresh uncooked foods for building better health. One of the callers was my niece from Kamloops. It was so interesting to hear her clear musical voice tell about the raw food group she usually attends each month. The group of fifty or more share recipes and learn more about improving health as they learn together. Another caller told of his experience of having a number of operations that could not cure his stomach problem. With no criticism to our medical system he then tried the change of using at least 85% uncooked foods and for him it was the solution to his problem and he is back at work. I called a former neighbour and asked if they had any fresh fruit for sale. He brought me a box of apricots and a supply of fresh garden vegetables. He would take no money because he said he and his wife often spoke about how we had helped them get started when they moved across the road from us and gave them fresh fruit and invited them to graze their few horses in our pasture when their grass became low.

No comments: