Saturday, July 17, 2010

SPEAKING LOUDLY WITH SILENCE

It seems the body knows its needs at a subconscious level and can reorganize itself from its silence within. The next morning my memory gradually came back and I could recall the events of the previous day. My grandson had taken me to the emergency hospital and I was placed with others already in the emergency overload section. After five days I was rolled from my spot and another bed rolled in immediately.

I’m taking a bit of time off from blogging. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and I am supposed to try to regain my weight and according to the doctor it will take a few weeks for me to heal. At five foot seven I should weigh more than a hundred pounds so I am working at it. The ladies in my condo building here have brought me soup and other gifts and I appreciate their kindness so much. Some even phone and ask if I need anything at the store, bought groceries and picked up my antiobiotic prescription for me. We have a certain family feeling here and I am so grateful. A friend from Alberta is coming tomorrow to be with me.

Later: Indeed my "Borrowed daughter" from Alberta arrived on Sunday and will stay with me for two weeks. She is cooking great meals for me and I am gaining strength. Her husband is the manager of a hardware store in Alberta so he had to hurry back.

No comments: