Saturday, October 18, 2008

STAR DUST

A typical fall day with sun and cloud and time to drain the hoses with winter in mind. Oh that's right, one of the many advantages of living in a condo. The men on the Council will take care of that.

I check my "To Do" list that says to post Blog and get another ready for tomorrow. At my computer, with thinking cap properly adjusted - I hear strange sounds in the back yard. Time to investigate. Tilting the blind, it looks like a person is hiding in the bushes. Then a haystack propelled by what appears to be human feet moves toward the west gate. Two more follow. I hesitate, then go to another room and look through the window. I hear more swishing sounds. Now three men are pulling a long tarp piled with more hay. I should call one of the men on the Council to check things out. But no one answers, they must all be away.

Am I in a time warp? This looks like old prairie days. I look more carefully and see the three men are Council members busy with one of the many volunteer jobs to keep everything safe and in order. They are working with "Fall cleanup." The man hiding in the bushes turns out to be the coat and cap of one of the men that was hung up on a bush when the sun came out. Whew! What a relief. Don't tell anyone I thought they were visitors from outer space.

This reminds me of how great it is to note the wonderful cooperation and help from our "family members" here as we volunteer and help with details here and there to make things go smooth. Our Council President, Bette has been ill and Bill (we call him "Mr. Computer") has agreed to take care of her computer social duties and Frances M. has offered to do the social bookings for the Lounge get-togethers with friends and relatives. Connie is already planning the Christmas banquet, like buying the turkeys when they are on sale and kept in the freezer of someone who has space. Heidi, Rita and Karen usually each roast one on that day. Other volunteers offer their help in other ways. Like the men who have "exercised" with snow removal to keep our outside walks safe. We're all so grateful - more about them later. Each one is like star dust that scatter gifts of "Star dust" along the way. Get well Bette, we all love you, hope to see you soon.
Suzie Q (my Blog name."http://stayingintouchblog.blogspot.com)

No comments: