Sunday, April 8, 2012

EASTER INSPIRATION



    Words of inspiration to celebrate Easter can be found close at hand, in your homes, your church, libraries, and even in many hotel rooms.  A favorite one that has withstood the test of time embraces all aspects of living and is found in Luke, Chapter 17 of the Bible, and often referred to as “The Sermon on the Mount.”   A similar message was written in verse form more recently by R.A. Parsons of St. John’s Newfoundland, carries the title, “Curtain Call.”  Of this book Don Jamieson, former Minister of External Affairs says, “Rarely do the words of any one Newfoundland poet combine those qualities which mirror his native land in a manner which is tender, understanding and truthful, while at the same time being wholly worthy of critical acclaim.”   

 “I know not yet what purpose I fulfill,
Or what may be for me, His sovereign will. 
But this of certainty I know I am,
A member of the FAMILY OF MAN. 
But this in turn, am duly bounded, I,
Am duty bounded till I die,
To serve, The Family, and to employ
My talent, if but scant, that I enjoy,
In its behalf, with no attempt to plead,
Its worthlessness, or that it serves no need.”

By Richard Augustus Parsons, Q.C., B.C.L., D.Litt




 

              

    

No comments: